Hi I lived on the upper all female floor of this house for about 2 years
In terms of wanting a house in which you can achieve academic success this house is totally what you want:
- it's in a quiet family neighbourhood (not the party one)
- really clean
- again it's seriously silent (usually you're asked to be quiet if you're making too much noise - better have those headphones :P)
- not many guests come over
- everything is allotted a time
- overall everything is REALLY well organized
- oh and everything is furnished - you have a bed, a desk, lamp - its the whole package (and they look good!)
- the landlord does the cleaning of the kitchen and washroom.
Obviously there also drawbacks, ill try to mention the key ones:
- no overnight guest (if you're bringing day guests - you have to let the landlord know - this is because of safety and privacy reasons)
- everything is allotted a time (you have specific laundry days, there are quiet hours - you cannot take a shower after 11pm and should step out to make a phone call)
- you are living with the landlord, so you're not going to be able to get away with not obeying the rules
- shared kitchen on main floor with landlord and other girls (im not sure if this is a disadvantage but you do have to share)
All that being said, I personally had a pretty good experience living at the house with the Landlord and the other girls. It is a welcoming environment - but the main goal of the landlord and the rules is to be able to provide a distraction free working environment.